Office and Industrial Buildings
Otten Johnson has had a hand in almost every block in downtown Denver, having represented either a developer, landlord, tenant, lender or borrower in significant transactions spanning the city. The firm’s attorneys have extensive experience with office and industrial buildings throughout Colorado and the United States. This experience includes all types of office and industrial projects, including new buildings, mixed-use projects, and transit-oriented developments (TODs).
Our real estate attorneys also handle acquisitions/dispositions and financing issues and represent both tenants and landlords in connection with leasing matters. Our litigators have substantial experience representing clients with industrial and office building interests on a wide variety of disputes. Along with development, real estate and other general business disputes, our litigators handle all aspects of disputes between landlords and tenants, including breach of lease/collection actions, commercial evictions and bankruptcy issues. Rounding out our services for this industry, our corporate transactional attorneys can assist with entity formation, tax and related matters.
Additionally, several of the firm’s attorneys are LEED certified and help building owners and managers with LEED certification and contract/lease issues related to sustainable buildings.
- Entity formation
- Real estate and land use acquisition
- Site selection and evaluation
- Regulatory approvals
- Annexation, zoning, subdivision and related entitlements proceedings
- Infrastructure financing and public finance arrangements
- Urban renewal, sales and other tax sharing arrangements
- Traditional acquisition, construction and investment financing (represent both borrowers and lenders)
- Leasing (represent both landlords and tenants)
- Acquisition and disposition of real property
- Tax planning and structuring
- Corporate matters
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- LEED® certification related issues
- Commercial condominiums and commercial condominium conversions