Otten Johnson’s Real Estate practice group brings formidable resources to bear on each and every matter it handles. The firm has unrivaled depth of experience and talent in real estate matters, having dealt with nearly every type of issue or transaction relating to real estate.
Fierce competition and breakneck pace characterize most real estate transactions. In this highly charged environment, Otten Johnson’s real estate attorneys are known for their skill, responsiveness and decisiveness. More than 35 years after the firm’s launch, the firm’s Real Estate practice group continues to garner praise for its exceptional intelligence, creativity, experience and deal-making expertise. Time and again, Otten Johnson has earned a number one ranking in real estate law from the authoritative Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Business Lawyers, and was recently cited as Denver’s “premier firm in development work.” Builders, developers, lenders, investors, operators, managers, brokers and title insurers prize Otten Johnson’s innovative, tailored solutions amid intense and fast-moving real estate markets.
Our Approach: Sophisticated from Vision to Close
Commercial real estate matters involve complex issues. Drawing on the firm’s additional expertise in real estate finance, land use, tax and litigation, Otten Johnson’s Real Estate practice group brings formidable resources to bear on each and every matter it handles. The firm has unrivaled depth of experience and talent in real estate matters, having dealt with nearly every type of issue or transaction relating to real estate.
Our Real Estate practice group represents clients in many contexts, including:
- acquisition and disposition, both single asset and portfolios
- development and land use approvals
- financing (both lender and borrower representation)
- leasing (both landlord and tenant representation)
- real estate development
- construction and design contracts
- resort and recreational developments
- condominiums and master planned communities
- timeshares and other fractional interest projects
- title insurance
- historic preservation
- foreclosures and loan workouts
- entity selection and formation
- joint ventures
- fund formation
- operational tax matters
- partnership taxation
- commercial property tax assessments and appeals
- 1031 exchanges; both forward and reverse
- conservation easements
- mountain, rural and ranch land real estate transactions
- transferable development rights
- public/private partnerships
- Opportunity Zone investing and fund formation
Praised as both lawyers and teachers, Otten Johnson’s Real Estate attorneys are recognized as go-to authorities on nearly all aspects of real estate law. The members of the Real Estate practice group lecture extensively on real property issues at industry conferences and continuing education seminars. Known for their ability to grasp both the big picture and the intricacies of every deal, Otten Johnson’s real estate attorneys have unrivaled experience and expertise from which every client benefits.