Otten Johnson helps individuals and closely held business owners achieve their estate planning goals by ensuring that their assets are passed to the appropriate beneficiaries, while minimizing taxes and other expenses. We have the ability to provide comprehensive estate planning services that integrate a client’s business succession plan with his or her plans for transferring wealth.
Our Approach: Responsive, Efficient and Focused
We also understand our clients’ concerns in today’s world – we are able to address a variety of complex issues, and help them protect inheritances in the event of divorce, lawsuits, or other potential creditors, as well as assist in planning for blended families.
In order to successfully achieve our clients’ objectives, we will frequently collaborate with their other advisors, including financial planners, investment advisors, accountants, and other business consultants.
We are able to provide a wide range of estate planning, probate and trust and estate administration services, including:
- Preparation of wills, revocable (living) trusts, powers of attorney, living wills, and other ancillary estate planning documents
- Preparation and negotiation of prenuptial and post marital agreements
- Formation, governance and planning for closely held businesses
- Business transition planning for family-owned and closely held businesses, including planning for death, incapacity, and sale or transition of the business
- Sophisticated estate and gift tax planning and utilization of complex wealth transfer techniques
- Estate administration, including probate and trust administration, and post mortem estate planning and distribution planning