Otten Johnson attorneys have significant experience representing railroads and transportation industry clients on a wide range of real estate and land use matters, including acquisitions/dispositions, financing, and right-of-way issues. Additionally, the attorneys in our Business Transactions & Capital Markets practice group are well-equipped to assist railroad and transportation industry clients with tax issues and corporate matters such as entity formation, contract drafting/negotiation. Our litigators have experience dealing with many of the real-estate and business-related disputes facing entities in these industries and are able to assist railroad and transportation clients with a wide variety of litigation matters.
Additionally, we represent numerous clients in their interactions with railroads and other transportation authorities.
- Acquisition of real property; purchase and sale agreements
- Land use approvals
- Review and negotiation of appropriate easements, licenses and agreements
- Design and construction agreements
- Permitting and utilities
- Due diligence matters
- Entitlement, survey and zoning review
- Corporate matters
- Entity formation and joint ventures
- Representation of clients in related litigation matters